Monday, December 31, 2012

New Goals for a New Year

Happy New Year, friends! Many of you are aware that my favorite hymn is "This Is My Father's World" by Maltbie Babcock. I sing this hymn everyday when I rise; I have found that seeing the beauty in God's world, even amid my trials and faults, puts me in a joyful mood.

As this new year approaches us, I want you to think about one thing: Are you doing your best for Christ? This specific resolution reminds me of the old hymn "Our Best." I have recorded the hymn with lyrics and posted it below this text.

There is complete joy in serving Jesus Christ; joy that cannot be found anywhere else. Think of a way to get yourself to that pure joy--it doesn't have to be singing a dusty old hymn every morning. Bible devotions, daily walks, and mere prayer can lead you to great places in your spiritual walk with The Lord. He is asking for our best, and I am prepared to give it to Him this year! I hope that you are as well.

In Christ,
Chase Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment